My biggest challenge in the kitchen is to get a lot done in the least amount of time, as easily as possible!
While being a fan of fresh food, I also don’t want to live in the kitchen. This mashed potatoes recipe is just what you need, if you agree to everything I just said!
Very simple to make!
- Wash, peal and boil 4-5 large potatoes
- Mash or finely chop everything
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil, medium heat.
- Add 2-3 green chilies or chili flakes in the end
- Sauté sliced onions until translucent
- Add a cup full of green peas
- Cook on low for 2 mins
- Now add salt, turmeric 1/2 tsp sugar
- While on low flame add the potatoes, mix until well combined, can add 1-2 tbsp water if it looks too dry
- Top it off with some fresh herbs, cilantro/basil etc., potatoes are good that way, they take what you give!
That is it! Now use this to make a breakfast grilled sandwich, samosas, veggie wrap or just eat it the traditional way with dosa or poori!
This potato filling with bread is an award winning combination, I kid you not! Your kids will come running back for more, I can’t promise the adults would have not finished it all by then!
Stays in the fridge for upto a week, you can always put it in the freezer depending on your needs!